Timeline of Accomplishments
- Established in May and held first fundraising event in October
- Coordinated toy drive for children at Medical City Children’s Hospital
- Raised over $17,000 for Medical City Children’s Hospital
- Founder, Elijah Alexander, is featured on NBC Nightly News
- Raised over $68,000 for Medical City Children’s Hospital and multiple myeloma research programs
- TMF sponsors remodeling of palliative care room at Medical City Children’s Hospital
- TMF raised over $165,000 through its fundraising events
- Established financial assistance program for families with children diagnosed with cancer who receive care at Medical City Children’s Hospital, Cook Children’s Hospital and Children’s Medical Center
- Paid over $60,000 on behalf of more than 80 families touched by cancer during its first eight months of service
- To date, TCF has given over $100,000 to local families.
- TCF Financial Assistance Program has been able to help over 80 families since its launch in 2008.
- TCF covers the cost of medical bills, utility bills and insurance premiums for families who have children diagnosed with any form of cancer and those diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, cancer of the bone marrow
- TCF currently offers its assistance through the following hospitals and cancer centers: Baylor Medical Center – Dallas, Children’s Medical Center Dallas, Cook Children’s Hospital, Medical City Hospital – Dallas and Texas Oncology – to Multiple Myeloma patients and families who have children diagnosed with all forms of cancer that are being treated at one of the aforementioned hospitals and/or cancer center and who meet program requirements.
- TCF made a financial contribution to the International Myeloma Foundation.